Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Creative Writing (Social Studies)


This Is A Fictional Diary Of A Person Named Leo Nolan Who Migrated To New Zealand From England In The Victorian Era

1842 09/11
My father sent me to my first job today. I was handed a straw brush and sent to clean a man’s chimney. It was dusty, ashy and had a lot of soot and I struggled but Father says I was very helpful. I am proud to be helpful to my family.

1844 07/12
My Mother and Father didn’t come home today. I hope they are okay at their jobs.

1844 07/14
I found my parents. I was looking through the markets for them when I heard shouting and cheering. I tried to get through the crowds to see what everybody was cheering for. When I got to the front, I saw my Father.
***
“Leeroy Nolan. You have been sentenced to death for committing the murder of your wife. You will be hung for your crimes”
***
I tried to run forward and stop the guards from doing it but they were far too strong for me.

1845 04/28
One job was not enough for me to survive, I’ve decided to start stealing I wasn’t good at it at the start. I kept my first job as a chimney sweeper, as I’m still small enough for the job, and most nights I sneak into the sewers with a small group of others and search for any valuables to sell.

1854 11/09
I got kicked out of my chimney sweeping job. I’m now working at a factory as a mill worker. My brother and I started stealing four years ago, We’re Good at it now although we almost got caught a couple of times we managed to get away.

1859 02/16
I’ve married and my wife is pregnant. I’ve needed to switch jobs to being a factory mill worker in order to provide for my wife.

1859 11/19
My son was born, we are barely financially stable. We will have to change our budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.